Well well well….it was certainly lovely to be nominated by the lovely Caroline over at Notes From Caroline, for the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger’ award! How very exciting – inspiring is definitely something I aspire to be, so I’m very grateful to Caroline for the nomination!
So the rules go a little something like this…
1. You thank the person who nominated you (nomineer? nominer??!!) and provide a link to their blog. Check!
2. Nominate some other lovely bloggers and let them know – provide a link in your post and contact them to let them know!
3. Write 7 Facts about yourself!
4. Proudly display the Very Inspiring Blog Badge on your blog AND on this post!
All done and dusted…so here are 7 little known facts about the wing-ed eyed, red-lipped, thrifty mama you’ve all come to know and love! Bear with me…I didn’t want to go for the obvious!
1. My first pet was a goldfish named ‘Tom’, when I was just three years old. When the pet shop assistant asked me to pick out which goldfish I would like from the tank – I asked for the ‘orange one’!!!
2. I spend an AWFUL lot of time perfecting my ‘Dream Dinner Party Guests – Alive or Dead’ List – and it looks a little something like this
Elvis Presley (natch!)
Dita Von Teese (she wouldn’t have to sit next to her ex-husband)!
Yes…this! Courtesy of Polyvore
3. I’m a bookworm – both an avid reader and passionate (as yet unpublished) author and, when asked to recommend a book, I ALWAYS recommend ‘The Gargoyle’, by Andrew Davidson. It’s a little-known book but one of the most compelling stories I have ever read and I picked it up purely because of it’s black-edged pages. Do go out and hunt it down – you won’t regret it! And let me know if you do…
4. I am a self-confessed dabbler in the art of reading Tarot and Angel cards.
5. I have seen four of my top five ‘Favourite Artists and Bands’ live – the fifth will FINALLY be fulfilled in May – I finally get to see my beloved Nine Inch Nails and I CAN’T WAIT!
6. My favourite childhood books are The Chronicles of Narnia AND Sophie’s Snail by Dick King Smith. I also have a hideous, irrational fear of slugs and snails!
7. I harbour secret desires to reignite my aspirations to become a Burlesque dancer again…shh don’t tell anyone!
OK…that’s about it from me, hope you enjoyed these little-known facts about your Frugal Friend! I now nominate…
Michelle from Life Out of London
Kelly from To Become Mum
Amanda from Amanda in a Teacup
Danielle from Life in the Thrift Lane
Vicki from Chloris Boris
Tamsyn from The Villa on Mount Pleasant
Gemma from Sunshine on a Cloudy Day
Toria from Creative Mine
Amanda from Gift Frippery
These are all great bloggers who blog about many, many, many different things! Go check them out – I look forward to reading your posts ladies!
Stay Peachy x